Dr. Rajni Farmania
MD Pediatrics, DM Pediatric Neurology (AIIMS, New Delhi)
Consultant Pediatric Neurology
BLK Super Specialty Hospital
Dr Rajni Farmania is a Pediatric neurologist (Infant, Child and adolescent neurologist).
Dr Rajni specializes in the treatment of various neurological and developmental problems in children (neonates to 18 years of age). She has huge experience indealing with all the neurological disorders including the electrophysiological studies and interventions.
Very few neurologic disorders have complete cure and lead to long term morbidity in developing age. Early diagnosis and intervention is the key in pediatric neurology to prevent the complications. Complete genetic diagnosis of neurologic conditions is important for prognosis, genetic counselling and planning next pregnancy.
Field of interest: Epilepsy, demyelination and autoimmune disorders in children.
MBBS: VSS Medical college, Burla, Odisha
MD Pediatrics: SMS Medical College, Jaipur
DM Pediatric Neurology: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Senior Resident (Academic, DM Pediatric Neurology), Child Neurology Division, Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Senior Resident (Non Academic), Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Awards & Accolades
First prize for the e-poster "Chronic Meningitis with persistent hypoglycorrhachia: An unusual presentation of Lyme’s disease" in Infectious, Inflammatory and post infectious subgroup category during the 8th Child Neurocon 2017 held at New Delhi from 3rd-5th February 2017
Third prize for platform presentation “Demographic profile of children attending child development clinic at SPMCHI, Jaipur” Raj Pedicon, Jaipur, October, 2009
- Farmania R, Sitaraman S, Das R R. Influence of Gestational Age on Muscle Tone of Healthy Preterm Indian Infants at 40 Weeks Postconceptional Age: An Objective Assessment. Journal of Clinical Neonatology | Vol. 6 | Issue 1 | January-March 2017.
- Farmania R, Sitaraman S, Das R R. Goniometric assessment of muscle tone of preterm infants and impact of gestational age on its maturation in Indian setting. Journal of Neurosciences in Rural Practice. 2017 Aug; 8(Suppl 1): S44–S48.
- Tripathy K, Chawla R, Mittal K, Farmania R, Venkatesh P and Gulati S. Ophthalmic examination as a means to diagnose Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis: an optical coherence tomography and ultrawide field imaging evaluation. Eye and Vision (2017) 4:1.
- Farmania R, Lodha R, Chakrabarty B, Jauhari P, Sapra S, Kumar A et al. To determine the prevalence of neurologic syndromes, intellectual disability, abnormal behavior and sleep related problems in HIV infected children (P2.312). Neurology Apr 2018, 90 (15 Supplement) P2.312;
- Life member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Member of Association of Child Neurology (AOCN)
- Member of International Child Neurology Association (ICNA)
- Registered with Delhi Medical Council
- Platform presentation “Profile of Neurologic syndromes, cognition, behavior and sleep related problems in HIV infected Children”at Pediatric Conference of North India & 1st National Conference on Research in Child Health held at New Delhi from 21st-24th December 2017
- Poster presentation "Salbutamol responsive COL Q related Congenital Myaesthenic Syndrome in girl twins” at 8th Child Neurocon held at New Delhi from 3rd-5th February 2017.
- Poster presentation "The clinical and radiological profile of genetically proven cases of Aicardi-Goutieres Syndrome" in Third International Conference on Birth Defects and the Third National Conference of Society for Indian Academy of Medical Genetics held at AIIMS, New Delhi, India from 7th-9th December, 2016.
- Platform presentation “Correlation of Iron status with first febrile seizure: a prospective study” at Pedicon held from 21-23rd January 2011 at Jaipur.
- Poster presentation “Influence of gestational age on muscle tone of preterm infants compared to term infants at post conceptional age of 40 weeks” at Neocon held from 7th-10th October, 2010 at Jaipur.